About Me

My photo
Writing, learn-ing, jewelry, deconstructing t-shirts and reality - it's what I do. I live to be inspired, and to inspire.

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Searching for a Vent

You know that old saying, when God closes a door he opens a window? Well when the door got slammed in my face I went searching for that window. I did everything I had to in order to reach that window. And just as I reached up to begin climbing in, SNAP! The window snaps shut.

Now what? Well, now, I either resign myself to never gaining entry to my own personal kingdom of heaven (so not me), or I start searching for a vent. Always up for an adventure I searched for that vent and, sure enough, there it was, staring me in the face.

The door slammed rudely when my marriage ended. The window snapped shut when I did not get a job. No husband to take care of me, no income to take care of myself; what entrance to heaven was staring me in my face? My redemption lay within me. It always has. My creativity. I’m a writer. I make jewelry. I sew. Why not make a living using my own creativity as my product?

So, I’m relaunching my jewelry line as JadeTygress Creations. I’m also going to write and publish. Maybe if I work as hard for myself as I do for other people (I’m usually a great employee) then maybe I’ll make something of myself (something other than a fool). Hmmm… Lets see where this road goes.

2 comments:

  1. It seems as though you have all the tools necessary to do what you need to do in order to achieve everything that God has in store for you! He'd never have put you on this earth without the necessary tools to make it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Adongo :-). Your encouragement means a lot.

    ReplyDelete